Dear Crawford Community,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year! We are excited to serve your children this year to help them prepare for a successful future.
We have four goals this year that we will focus on.
- Our staff will collaborate to plan, facilitate, and debrief standards based lessons in all content areas.
- Our staff will engage in ongoing data driven instruction that supports and enhances learning of grade level standards.
- Our staff will provide opportunities for students to investigate their world, recognize perspectives, communicate ideas, and take action.
- Our school will create opportunities to collaborate and learn alongside families in order to develop them as leaders in our school community.
This year we will operate as an innovation school in APS’s ACTION Zone. This gives us more opportunities to design a school that meets the needs of our students. Here are some of the changes under our innovation status:
- Extended School Day 8:00am-3:15pm
- Every student will receive a literacy intervention or enrichment lesson during the school day
- We have adjusted our professional learning for teachers so they are in the classroom more and there are less guest teachers teaching students
- We will develop students’ global leadership skills
- We have created leadership opportunities for families through Parents in Action and Write Our World Crawford.
I am looking forward to meeting you and working with you this year. Please watch for communication to come on important school events and ways that you can get involved at Crawford.
Jenny Passchier, Principal